Re: Spreading the word (was Re: [Fwd: Re: [seul-edu] Want to presentat LINUXWORLD NY/2002?])

Actually, another idea I had was to write a script (bash, or maybe Python) that
was in effect a 'virtual distribution'. In other words, you would first load a
standard distribution (say RedHat) then run the script which would remove
everything you didn't need, add some admin tools, tighten up security etc, and
then download and install a list of education applications (using wget). It's a
bit klunkier than a proper distro, but has some advantages too.

Anyone care to comment on this idea? I've written something similar for custom
standalone web/mail servers, I just haven't played with wget before.

Mick

--
Michael Hall
mulga.com.au