Re: [seul-edu] Linux for kids

I've already been in touch with PCs for Kids, having contacted them as soon as
that story broke here in Australia.

The management are kind of open to Linux and are looking at the idea of putting
Linux on their boxes (they received many suggestions to this effect).

There are two impediments:
The boxes they are using are very low end with mostly 486/P1 processors and
4/8/16 Mb RAM. So while they'd make great routers, they can't really cope with
X.

Management knows very little about Linux and do not feel confident about using
it. I've suggested they talk to a local LUG, but don't know where they're at
with that right now.

So an easy to install and use distro of Linux for kids would be a great idea if
anyone can get it together.

Mick