Re: [seul-edu] Linux DTP

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Dave Prentice wrote:

>     Adobe last year cancelled the Linux beta of FrameMaker, but they have a
> Unix version requiring Xwindows. Maybe this is a dumb question, but would
> the Unix version run on Linux?

Not likely. Most apps are not binary compatible across the different flavors
of *nix. For example, Solaris binaries won't run on Linux, AIX won't run on
HPUX, etc. I believe some Unices have software that provides some binary
compatibility, but I'm not sure which.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com