Re: [seul-edu] Need advice with LCD projector

Dave Prentice wrote:

> I hooked up a monitor and set up xwindows for 640x480 generic VGA. The
> projector and monitor both display fine in text mode. When I switch to x the
> projector goes blank but the monitor works fine. What was the model of your
> Sharp projector? And I wonder if it makes a difference if you run it off a
> laptop vs. a desktop?

It shouldn't make a difference. The good news is that your projector
seems to be OK if you can get text.

It sounds like the projector can't handle the timing put out by the X
server. Using the monitor only hooked up to your desktop, try changing
the resolution on the X display to the lowest possible: 320x240, the
lowest refresh rate possible, etc.

The easiest is probably something like XF86Setup, xf86config or one of
those. It's been a while since I've done that.

Chris.