Re: [seul-edu] School count

The HomeTech charter school uses a Linux server to create a private IP
network so we can take advantage of Enhanced Business DSL ($70 mo.) for our
entire internet, email and distance learning (routing) solutions.  The box
can also filter web content, act as file server, host discussions etc etc.

My proposal hinged on saving over $800/mo on Ma Bell charges (was T1 frame
w/class C subnet).  The only way I could have enough IP addresses and enough
bandwidth  was to have some machine create and route all internal requests.
Plus the Bastille firewall made the entire network more secure.  After I
threw in the extra services that could be run on a computer we were going to
scrap/upgrade it was a short discussion.

Thanks Arthur and Matt @LinuxBox.

Jim Aird
HomeTech