(FWD) Re: M.L.U.G [seul-edu] School count

----- Forwarded message from owner-seul-edu@seul.org -----

Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 21:25:52 -0400
From: Gordon Truesdale & Nena Tremblay <truechem@qc.aira.com>
To: mlug@topica.com
CC: "seul-edu@seul.org" <seul-edu@seul.org>
Subject: Re: M.L.U.G [seul-edu] School count

Paul, Steve, Alan et al,

> > Yes, we would be.. QUITE happy to help you rid your computer labs of evil.
> > It would save your school a lot of money that could be used for other things
> > in the long run.
> >
> > -steve
> >
> How about a non-destructive trial run? The Linux box could be an ltsp
> server while the windows machines boot from a floppy and load Linux.
> Boot up is just a few seconds and Linux is ready to go. Reboot without
> the floppy and you're back to where you were before - just a bunch of
> crappy winders.
>
> Paul

Well, I've got two days to ready a year's worth of physics and
chemistry. This sounds like a marvelous idea, but we need to engender
goodwill on the part of the (WINDOWS) comp.sci. teacher. A visit next
monday, just to painlessly integrate the mandrake box into the network
may be a good start. Alan?

Thanks for the support,
Gordon

----- End forwarded message -----