Re: [seul-edu] Linux in Elementry

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 09:50:05PM +0000, hutsonk@rockcreekschools.org wrote:
> On 24 Aug 01, at 16:08, jeff williams wrote:
> > Ok, but EE (Easy Editor) is a good choice.
>
> Never used it, but I'll take your word for it, and
> pico wouldn't be bad either.

pico's licensing is horrible.  UW insists on having control over the
source.  This makes it very inconvenient if you wish to fix stuff and
redistribute your fixed version.  Besides, the GPL'd nano (a pico clone)
now does everything pico did and more.  Please consider nano instead of
pico.

See:

	http://nano-editor.org/dist/

Also, they quite possibly have the coolest looking home page ever
when viewed in lynx :)

Ben