Re: [seul-edu] Linux in Universities

On Tuesday 27 August 2002 01:51 am, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm researching the use of Linux in four-year universities -- which
> these
> days means "I just spent an hour of quality time with google".
> The results so far are at
> http://www.kegel.com/linux/edu/
> (The /edu/ url refers to the domain names I searched with google :-)

Greetings,

I've read this thread with interest.  I'm starting my third year at Concordia
University Wisconsin as a CS professor.  Before I got on campus there was
essentially no UNIX / Linux presence (exception being 2 Sun workstations and
an underutilized HP 9000 running HP/UX).  Now our CS classrooms are dual
boot, as are our labs.  There is a fledgling Concordia Linux Users' Group
(CLUG - pronounced KLUDGE), and several classes using Linux.  Indeed, I
require students to use Linux in all the classes I teach -- and have taught
several system administration classes to boot.

Our IT department is begrudgingly installing some Linux equipment, and our IT
student staff is essentially all bowing at the name of Tux.

Not bad for two years...

Now, to get the 3B2 running again...

--
jeff williams - cfiaime@nconnect.net