I love it when a plan comes together

Now that we're back from the holiday, let's try to get a plan together
before more holidays and get to coding at the first of the year.  Who
feels up to the challenge of putting together an initial try?  We'll put
it on a web page for review.  I should warn you that I'm going to try to
write up a plan myself, just so we have something to complain about, and
my wife tells me that I'm really not the one who should be doing that.
So if you have more of a clue about what's needed in educational
administrative software than I do (that shouldn't be too difficult),
either write it up and post it to this mailing list or send your
thoughts to me at <dloss@seul.org>.  Also, could some of you educators
tell us if there is some particular time by which plans are finalized
for the following school year.  For example, should something be ready
by May?  I realize that this probably differs from country to country,
but if there's a rough equivalency it can give us some idea of when we
should have things ready.  Not that setting a hard and fast deadline is
a good thing, but if plans for the fall semester are finalized in May
having our stuff ready in June means that we have a few more months to
test and debug before we need to try to persuade schools to use it.

--
Doug Loss                 It is impossible to imagine Goethe
Data Network Coordinator  or Beethoven being good at billiards