XML DTDs

I've been rummaging around the IMS Project website, trying to understand
their work.  (I think I'm making some progress in that.)  I noticed that
there have been 5 or 6 attempts at DTDs for test and quiz data.  Bruno,
didn't you look into that?  Or was it someone else?  I'm too lazy at the
moment to go through the archives and find out.  Anyway, in their public
forum discussion on meta-data one of the IMS leaders mentioned on November 11
 that they planned to have DTDs for their meta-data structures available
within a month.

I don't know enough about the bureaucratic side of things to know if being
IMS-compliant will be nearly mandatory for us, a nice thing, or meaningless.
 Could someone more knowledgeable give an opinion?  Anyway, if they are going
 to roll all this up into a nice ball and publish it we probably ought to
take advantage of it.

There was another comment in their public forum complaining mildly about
their demo being only for Windows NT.  The complainant asked why they didn't
do their demo on some open system, for example, Linux.  I don't think we're
ready to do this just now, but if we agree that using the IMS DTDs is what
we'll do we should probably announce that on their public forum and see if we
 can attract some of their attention and possibly assistance.

--
Doug Loss            An idealist is one who, on noticing that
dloss@csrlink.net    roses smell better than cabbage, concludes