New on the list

Hi,

I just subscibe to the list, as usal I should present my self,

I'm 28 years old, maried and father of a young baby. I'm mathematic
teacher in the Taipei french school at Taiwan. In august I installed for
my school a Linux file server/gateway to the internet.
I discover Linux one year ago by coincidence : it happens I got in my hand
a network computer (you know those things without hardisk, floppy but only
an ethernet plug), to make this things working I need a server with bootb
protocol so I start using Linux at this time.

Beside this I'm developping an interactive geometry sofware a la Cabri or
Geometer's Sketchpad: Dr Geo. Dr Geo is freeware (not yet GPL but will). I
start developping because I thing educationnal software should be ALL free
of charge for school, teacher and student. When you look at the multiuser
licence price of Cabri or Geometer's Sketchpad you realize how limited are
the school when it came with software (usualy software came after
hardware, at this stage there is not so much money left) Because Dr Geo is
freeware, teacher can also give away copy of it to their students.
Dr Geo was first develop under dos/djgpp with allegro
library. I aslo hacked the allegro library to handle
unicode font, it means Dr Geo is quite international in the
display, right now Dr Geo can display messages in chinese
for exemple without the need of special OS or pack.

I've ported, with the allegro port to X windows, Dr Geo to X windows in
november. If you use it under 8bpp it is quite usable but because of the
nature of allegro ( a game library) the port is not so good. So my next
objective is porting it to GTK/Gnome wich I must learn, at this point if
anyone want to help with tell me.

Bye

Hilaire Fernandes
Dr Geo project http://drgeo.home.ml.org