Re: A way to activate our efforts / open multimedia standards /Re: Developers tools?

>A few months ago, someone E-mailed me to suggest a stock market
>simulator.  Students would be able to have an immaginary portfolio, and
>make their own trades.  Roger and I developed a way to get stock quotes
>into a Perl program, but that's as far as we got.  I want to get a
>couple other developers seriously interested in this before I do too
>much more.  I think it would be reasonably quick to implement though,
>and it would probably be entirely Web based.

I work for a financial services institution (one of the largest ten in the
US.)  I'm a computer geek, not a finance wizard, but if you need any help
with debugging the Perl code or my limited but growing knowledge of the
industry, I may be able to assist with that. Let me know.

Later,
Wil

I'm not schooled in the science of human factors, but I suspect surprise
is not an element of a robust user interface.  - Chip Rosenthal