Re: Ideas from the north...

Hi,

I couldn't agree more.  Except I would even stop at everyday-teacher.

>When you make a software put yourself at the same level as the
>everyday-teacher.

From my previouse discussions, I got the impression I was suppose to adopt
someone elses idea of how to teach my classes so that I could adopt Linux
into my class.  (It is also very likely that I have misunderstood the
comments on this list -- I have heard that is a big problem with written
only communication, however, I'll continue :).  I am not about to throw
away five years of curriculum development.  Even if it is not a perfect
curriculum.  I do my best to integrate improvements as much as possible. I
am always looking for new and betters solutions to teaching and interesting
more students into computers on all levels.  CS, graphics, plain 'ole daily
use.  Infact, if there were information appliances I would use them for
much of my teaching and just use "real" computers for the programmers.
However, new ideas, need to fit into my current framework.  Even if I plan
on overhauling my entire curriculum, I do it happens in stages.  I have to
live with the realization that I have time, money and personal
committements beyond my teaching committments.