Re: EDUML sample

On Thu, Dec 10, 1998 at 01:56:20PM -0500, Doug Loss wrote:
> Bruno Vernier wrote:
> >
> >         <ims:performance-coding> BC style grades </ims:performance-coding>
> >         <ims:performance> C+ </ims:performance>
> >         <ims:issued-by> vernier@vc.bc.ca </ims:issued-by>
>
> Bruno, are the tags prefaced with "ims:" the only tags in your EDUML
> that correspond to specific IMS Project tags, or is there some other
> reason to specify them that way?  Otherwise, it looks like a good
> beginning to me (I am not an educator, so take that for what it's
> worth).

yes, these are the only IMS tags that I really found useful so far!
And even then, I think they are too long... I'm thinking of replacing the
above with something like:

<scale id="US">
  <score> C+ </score>
  <marker> vernier@vc.bc.ca
    <pgp> pgp signature for verification </pgp>
    </marker>
  </scale>

I realize we are all fairly new to the XML game.  I'm in this game for the
long run ... I know all of the great software we are coming up with here and
finding elsewhere, will eventually have to work together seamlessly.
Eventually, unless something better than XML comes up, somehow, somewhere,
someone (maybe us) will have an "EDUMLish" XML spec for integrating all
educational software.

Bruno