Re: [vernier@ess.vancouver.bc.ca: el]

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Bruno Vernier wrote:

> Economical advantage: the school I am doing this for would otherwise be
> forced to buy an extension of its 5 station licence for library search
> terminals... assuming the Novell server licence is extended to 50 stations
> from the current 5.  Many schools are in similar predicaments.

I know my high school had converted it's entire library database _by hand_
from the Apple ]['s to some new proprietary package only to find the new
package didn't meet their expectations.  But at that point they were stuck
with it.  If I could just get at those data files there might be a way to
XMLificate them. There's another piece of software to add to the list:
Library Catalog :)  Every school's got one, and every one probably needs
serious revamping.

--
Michael Hamblin            http://www.utdallas.edu/~michaelh/
michaelh@utdallas.edu      http://www.ductape.net/