Re: EDUML v0.4 (already!)

>IagreewithRoman on this.  Although Esperanto sounds as though it will
>bemoreeasilyunderstandable by non-native English speakers, I suspect
>whatit will actually mean is that the tags would be equally confusing
>for everyone.  There's a reason that English and not Esperanto is the
>language used internationally by air traffic controllers.

I'm no religious fanatic when it comes to Esperanto - I found the
request rather surprising.  I just happened to have the reference books
handy to look up the terms.  I feel selfish, though, when everybody says
"Oh, just do it in English" - like we Americans aren't capable of
learning another language.

You're right, there is a reason why English is universally taught, and
it's roughly the same reason why Microsoft has a monopoly in the
operating systems business.  It's not because English is a quality
language, it's because the US has had the muscle over the centuries to
make it in everybody else's best interests to speak it.

Duane