Re: OK: No EO and instead Locale Tag?

> In that case, the tags would be visible to the end-user... ouch!  I believe
> XML itself can still internationalize EDUML; by using tags for optional
> <edu:ml>
>  <locale>
>   <school fr="ecole" es="escuela">  // (fr=french es=espanol)

Unfortunately, this would mean modifying your DTD for each language, which
in turn means changing your code.  So if somebody came along that wanted to
add a language, everybody would need to rebuild their code.

Perhaps something can be done with additional language DTDs that are
independent of the EDUML base.  That way, a program wouldn't need to know
all DTDs that could possibly exist - it would just read whichever one it
was given.  So people could add DTDs on demand for new languages.  It
would also, if done generically enough, let you translate between any
languages,
not just English->new language.

Duane