Re: Thoughts on Alterra?

> I took a look at it. It looks relatively complex...in my experience,
> balancing complexity like that (so the game is fair and fun) is difficult.

Perhaps a really abstracted version, with only 3-5 variables?  That's often
enough to demonstrate the complexity of a dynamic system.  I remember
economics classes and the "guns or butter" argument (along with the Chris
Crawford game of the same name).

There's always room for the more in depth version.  But it seems like folks
are often interested in not losing the more advanced students (or the less
advanced).  So maybe the class gets to play the abstract version, and the
advanced students take on the more complex one?

Duane