Re: Thoughts on Alterra?

Douglas Loss wrote:

> Has anyone had the time or interest to take a look at Alterra, my economic
> simulation?  It's at <http://cvs.seul.org/~dloss/alterra.html>.  I'd like
> some feedback on whether any of you think it's feasible and worthwhile to
> develop it into a network-based simulation for use either in a classroom
> environment or recreationally.  Let me know what you think.

I haven't read all of it yet, but it looks worthwhile to me.  Econ profs
love that kind of thing!  It might be wise to try to simplify it some.

Who are you aiming for here?  Looks like college level to me.

In my econ class we did a corporation simulator, where we decided on
moves to take.  It involved working with other players.  Unfortunately I
don't remember many details, but it was fun.

Anyway, a nice suite of Web based apps would be nice.  We could have
this and the stock portfolio simulator.