Stock Market Sim

Anyone working on this project probably ought to look at the Stock Market
Game home page (www.smg2000.com).  I don't want to discourage anyone from
working on projects that interest them, but I do think it's important to
make sure you're building a better mousetrap if your going to reinvent the
wheel (Mixed metaphors: they're not just for breakfast anymore).

Off of the the top of my head, the pros and cons of a locally managed
stock market sim versus SMG2000.

Pro SMG2000: Already exists, designed and run by people who know the stock
market, many schools already familiar with it.

Con SMG2000: Cost a couple bucks per student to play.  You can't vary the
rules to suit your students.

Pro Local: No per student cost to schools.  Potentially very customizable.

Con Local: Need someone who can run a server.  Currently nonexistant.
Programmers probably need input from educators and stock market people to
get it right.

FWIW.

Jay

| Jay Bloodworth                  | jay@pathways.sde.state.sc.us |
| Network Technician              | Voice: (803) 734-7000        |
| SC Department of Education      | Fax: (803) 734-4064          |