Re: [seul-edu] OFF TOPIC: NT printing?

Thanks Chris -- it worked well.  Thinks are cranking
along.

> net use LPT1 \\server\share

But perhaps you can explain several mysteries to me.
Why won't NT see an HP DeskJet Server?  If it could see
it would NT connect the LPT port to it?  Why won't Win
98 connect a LPT1 port to an HP DeskJet Server but it
will connect the windows printing to it?  It seems odd
that I am forced to do nearly everything with the NT
server -- I would rather print to the printer directly.

TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>