Re: [seul-edu] Equipment requirements for LinuxCanada

Douglas H. Ort wrote:

> I live in Watertown, New York, just off the Eastern short of Lake Ontario,
> about a four hour drive from Toronto.  I might be able to provide a PC or
> two.  An alternative might be to ask local (to Toronto) LUG members to
> provide needed computer equipment that might be impractical to bring long
> distances.  I'm no geek with Linux, but I am willing to help if I can.

I personally appreciate the offer, and hope you can make it to Toronto
to help out.  We have at least two people on this mailing list from the
Toronto area, and I'm sure they'll be open to any reasonable request.
We'll work it out in the next few months.  I don't want to ask you to
lug your machines that far just yet.  If you have a laptop, bring that
along might be a good idea, though.

> Are there lodging needs?  Or do attendees want to stay in/near the facility
> where the program is being held?

I suspect we'll all want to stay nearby, just to soak up the camaraderie
(assuming we aren't repulsed by each other once we meet physically :-)
).  Since I don't know just when our seminars will be scheduled yet, and
since we'll have a booth on the show floor to staff, we'll probably
_need_ to be in the vicinity.