[seul-edu] New educational software and sites

Here are a few new educational things from Freshmeat.  The first is Correcteur
1
1:

http://www.machinasapiens.com/francais/produits/correcteur101/c101linux/c101linux_frame.html

It is "a French grammar checker that provides a complete grammatical analysis
of a sentence."  It's licensed as shareware, which probably indicates it came
from the DOS/Windows world originally, although I'm not sure about that.

The next is JFlash:

http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~wlee/codes/

JFlash is "a Java flash card organizer that enables you to create and review
electronic flash cards."

The last is Compil'Edux:

http://www.ac-grenoble.fr/carmi-internet/ge/liens.php

Here's their description from Freshmeat:  The goal of Compil'Edux is to provide
a centralized place where open source educational software can be found, either
in the form of links to other sites, or as an FTP site containing source
tarballs.  They appear to be associated with GUILDE in some way, although I'm not sure
just how.  Hilaire, some of the entries in their software list came from you;
could you tell us more about them?

--
Doug Loss            Always acknowledge a fault.  This will throw
dloss@suscom.net     those in authority off their guard and give