RE: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: [seul-edu] RE: [why schools don't adopt OSS]]]

From what I gather on the Ximian site, you can install Red Carpet without
Gnome. I'm sure it requires GTK but most setup will have that anyway these
days.

> We also should try to be as desktop/windowmanager independent
> (as well as distribution indepdendent, honestly) as possible...
I agree for the most part. We should be independent of any specific setup
but in time we should be able to embrace the popular desktops/wm/distros.
The purpose of desktops is for ease of use and that is also one of our
goals. IMSIO (In my somewhat informed opinion)

jmellen