[Fwd: Re: [seul-edu] group vs individual: wiki and sourceforge concepts: was: Our ]

-------- Original Message --------

From: Paolo Pumilia <pumilia@acm.org>
To: seul-edu@seul.org
Subject: Re: [seul-edu] group vs individual: wiki and sourceforge
concepts: was: Our

>From David M. Bucknell, Nov 29:
 .I don't see this balance in the wiki, but there's another reason I'd
prefer to
 .stay away from it. It is a group project only in that the product is a
 .borg-like accumulation of individual contributions. The sourceforge
concept is
 .more than this. It encourages the formation of groups of people who
wish to
 .work on the same project. It follows the open source model as I admire
it
 .while the wiki encourages speed and individual contributions.
Obviously the
 .wiki is exciting and attractive; however, I prefer the group model for
 .curriculum development; it supports what I believe schools are about.

Maybe the following zope-based applications cound be of interests
for educational purposes.

http://f2w.sourceforge.net/

http://www.it4school.com/

I would appreciate your comments