Re: [seul-edu] Library catalog possibility.

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 11:24:21AM -0800, Robert Rickenbrode said:

> [We know about Koha and OpenBook (and commercial
> systems, of course).  My librarian nixed the first one
> after we realized it doesn't show book descriptions --
> and I'm not willing to learn perl to make it do so.
> The second is very promising, but it's behind
> schedule, and the developers won't say if they'll
> support the current data structures in the final
> release (neither myself nor the librarian are willing
> to enter the collection twice).  Besides, we've waited
> for a couple of months now it...]

Hi there

I do some work on Koha, can i just check something with you .. what do you
mean by book descriptions?
Im sure we can make Koha show them ... if you think it is a feature that
lots of ppl would like. We are pretty close to another Koha release .. if
book descriptions are physical dimensions im sure i can get that showing in
about 5 mins.
If its like a plot summary .. we'd need that data of course but that would
also not be hard.
Physical desciptions already show in the librarians koha interface ..
perhaps its a matter of them showing in the opac??

Just interested in your opinions :-)

Chris

025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris@katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz