Re: [seul-edu] Site tools for Schoolforge

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 08:45:57AM +0930, Michael Hall wrote:

> > If you want to make a serious web application, I'd say that
> > out-of-the-box solutions aren't going to cut it, and that unless you
> > think -really- hard about it before you code, PHP isn't the right
> > language.
>
> Develop a custom application designed by experts before we
> even start? Sounds like a good way to ensure that this new energy gets
> absolutely nowhere.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I'm not proposing anything at the
moment, I'm just laying down the facts.

... and, a custom application would be designed by experts. It'd have
to be, wouldn't it? I'm not sure where the "...before we even start"
bit comes from, as (I'll say it again), I've not yet proposed
anything per-se.

I'm saying that people jumping up and down saying "This application is
good!" isn't going to help. I can almost guarantee that none of them
will do everything. We need that "specification" document that is
kicking around in someones head.

   - andrew

--
Andrew J. Reid                    "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem
andrew.reid@plug.cx               mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane