[seul-edu] avice on speaking to Speaking to District Trustee's

I just read that the School District my wife works for is
going to review a draft of the new 5 year plan they are
building.
http://www.recordnet.com/daily/news/articles/11news120201.ht
ml

I hope to slip away and attempt to toss in a few words.  I
am curious to find out what has been effective in getting
the attention of officials at this type of event.  *IF* I
get the opportunity to speak, I expect to have at most 5
minutes to share, and I want to get them to include OSS
solutions as an option in the technology side.

From the article.. "The price tag to implement everything
would run $4.37 million over five years. The biggest expense
would be $1.7 million for technology and $1.28 million to
deal with growth issues. " I am sure this also includes a
great deal in Licensing costs, and I feel they need to hear
there are choices to minimize that hit.

PLEASE toss me your quick thoughts on this.

Regards,
Bill Ries-Knight
2 cases of canned spam every day.
That's all we ask from each sysadmin.
(Oh, and don't forget the site the spam is for!)