Re: [Fwd: Re: [seul-edu] Managing the coalition--responsibilities]

> From: "Kyle Hutson" <smyle@rockcreek.k12.ks.us>
> To: seul-edu@seul.org
> Subject: Re: [seul-edu] Managing the coalition--responsibilities
>
> On 5 Dec 2001 at 15:03, Doug Loss wrote:
> > Here's the second part of my ideas about running this thing.  This
> > is about how responsibilities are parceled out and met.
> >
> > [deletia]
>
> My only reservation about the coalition as you've presented it is
> with the voting system.
>
> It sounds too much like Debian's philosophy on moving things to
> STABLE, which has kept things from a progressing very quickly.
>
> I can see the purpose of voting in some instances (e.g., is this what
> we want to be doing/promoting), but let's not get bogged down in
> voting on details.

I think you've undermined your own argument here, Kyle.  The coalition
won't be providing content but will be doing promotion of the members
who are providing the content and providing inter-group communications
tools.  As such, it will be doing just the things where you see some
purpose in voting.  Besides, in most cases I suspect there will be very
little disagreement on things.  The voting only becomes important where
opinionn is fairly evenly split.  Remember, coalition members do the
work; the coalition just ties them all together.

Doug Loss
dloss@seul.org