Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: Re: [OS:N:] Summing up our discussion so far]

Doug,

Correct me if wrong here.  I here you saying you would like Red Hat to
play more of a Counsulting/Marketing role.  More or less brokers of
resources that help this project and the open-source community as a
whole.  Weather we provide added web space, information or contacts
generally a place where folks come to find answers or links to answers.
This would be very powerful I think.  I'm sure Drew and his gang have
plans for the Open Source Now web site that they can't share yet.  My
guess, and this is only me thinking out loud here, would be our site
will foster higher communication/sharing among all participants of this
newly created "open-school-community", if you will.

On the distro side, the only thing I would go as far to say out loud is
unless it's a Red Hat distro it probably won't get ftp space on our
servers, but this isn't my decision I'm just taking a wild guess.  For
corporate reason's however it would only make sense, I'm sure you
understand.  Personally, I would (/me ducks from the stray Red bullets)
love to see this apart of every Linux distro.  I personally run Red Hat
on my machines however, my main machine also runs Suse, Mandrake and
Debian on it.  Why, because I need to know the other side of the fence.

Maybe a good thought for ya'll would be to only develop an add on to all
of the distros.  Meaning allow the vendors to provide the main distro
and ya'll provide a LTSP load for each.   This would minimize the
bandwidth needs when folks go to download it. They wouldn't have to
download everything, just the LTSP cd.  Again, I'm thinking out loud
here and not about the feasibility of it all, so take it with a grain of
salt. Just a thought and my 2 cents worth, yours?

Regards,
BMan

--
Regards,
BMan

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist,
but you have ceased to live.   --Mark Twain