Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: Mixed OS environments]

Chris wrote:

> I'd like to ask if anyone on the list is running Linux on a Apple Macintosh computer.
>
> If so do you allow users access to a OSboot menu or do you run Mac-in-Linux?

Well, I've installed Debian on old M68K Macs to use as XTerminals (sort of like the LTSP setup), but it sounds like you're talking about Linux on a PPC Mac.  I'm going to be setting that
up on an old 7300/200 as a Christmas present for my son, so I'll be able to tell you more later.  You should be aware that on the "Old World" PPC Macs, you have to work through an OSboot
system (using yaboot or the equivalent), as the Macs require at least a small MacOS image for bootup.  The "New World" Macs have the capability of "ROM in RAM" (or some other cutesy
sounding thing like that) that allows them to boot directly into Linux like any reasonable system would.  These are the only systems where you would have the option to _not_ use an OSboot
menu.