Re: [seul-edu] free software / open source

On Sunday 16 December 2001 14:59, you wrote:

> Insisting on the artificial difference in the meaning of
> 'free software' and 'open source' makes me think the real
> difference in elsewhere.

Greetings,

The term "open source" as opposed to "free" is explained in Eric Raymond's
book "The Cathedral and the Bazaar."  For one it is the confusion of free (no
cost) as opposed to free (liberty).

Unfortunately my copy of the book is at work, and I am sitting at home.  But
that is your source.

--
jeff williams - cfiaime@nconnect.net
		jeff.williams@cuw.edu