Re: [seul-edu] K-12 LTSP

Most people who install K12LTSP are successful. You'll find info on
joining the k12osn list at the top of the download page on k12ltsp.org.

I'd suggest using that list for help. The short answer to your problems
may be a disk burned from faulty iso's. Did your student use md5sum on
the downloaded iso's. You can also run md5sum on the burned disk.

i.e. md5sum /dev/cdrom

We'd really need more info to help.

;-) Paul

On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 17:15, jeff williams wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Is this a common occurance?  One of my students was tasked with installing an
> Linux Terminal Server in one of our classrooms.  It seems the classroom
> computers are simply unable to run Windows 2000, but will make nice X
> terminals.
>
> Anyway, said student grabbed K-12 LTSP as the basis for the installation.  The
> documentation seemed unclear, and the kernels included would not boot.  The
snip.......
Paul Nelson .............................. pnelson@riverdale.k12.or.us
Riverdale High School .................. http://hs.riverdale.k12.or.us