Re: [seul-edu] K-12 LTSP

On Monday 02 December 2002 11:11 am, Kevin Stiles wrote:
> The Vectras, especially the VE models, are flaky.  (VE stands for Value
> Edition).
>
> When we were testing them we found problems with the IDE controllers and
> PCI bridges that required additional compile options.  I have not actually
> worked with your particular models, but would not be surprised if that was
> not the case.
>
> On the bright side, one they are running they normally are more stable than
> they were under windows.....

Greetings,

The latest on the saga of LTSP and the Vectras.  Flakey is the word, and the
IDE is just part of it.  But the machines are running the LTSP latest version
boot image just fine.  Now we are dealing with the "dual boot" problems --
booting from the floppy for Linux, booting from the hard drive from Windows.
We (student and I) found good documentation on selective DHCP options.  By
now he probably has changed the configuration and is running nicely as dual
boot.

Our university's IT department came in and was impressed with the project so
far.  Hmmmm.

Again, one and all, thanks for the input.

--
jeff williams - cfiaime@nconnect.net
                jeff.williams@cuw.edu