Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: [LinuxInAfrica] LINK: GNU/Linux inRe: [seul-edu] [Fwd: [LinuxInAfrica] LINK: GNU/Linux in

On 2002-12-11 08:10:22 -0800 Dennis Daniels <ddaniels@magic.fr> wrote:

Doug,
Correct me if I'm wrong but this is, or is in part, what you'd like to achieve with the SEUL distro? You'd like to have a knoppix like distro with the best education apps on it?

Actually, it isn't. Our intent isn't to produce yet another Linux distro (YALD :-) ), but an easy-to-search-and-install compilation of scholastically useful software for Linux that people can download and install over any distro. A secondary goal is to do this in such a way that distro manufacturers can take what we provide and easily incorporate it into educational versions of their distros for promotion and dissemination through their own channels.

checking http://www.seul.org/pub/hosting.html
*Seul-Edu Projects

*I wasn't able to find anything specifically addressing the CD phase1,phase11 etc. project.

I recognize the page hasn't been updated in a bit but is the African edu. project similar to what you envision for SEUL?

You're right, the ISO project isn't on that page. I think the page needs updating; I'll see if I can't get that to happen.

--
How valuable is my contribution? Share your feedback at Affero:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss Courage is resistance to
drloss@suscom.net fear, mastery of fear--
not absence of fear.