Re: THX-1138

Doug Loss a écrit :

> Could some of our math instructors take a look at THX-1138
>
> <http://www.its.caltech.edu/~jafl/thx/>
>
> and let us know if it appears useable/useful in an educational setting?
> Thanks.

I took a short look and can give first impressions

. the package is a dream to install,
. well the expression is quite strange but the rendering of expression
is nice.
you can directly type things like (x+1)/(x-1) ; you need to type 'x+1',
then select with the mouse x+1 then type '/' and 'x+1'
. the plot engine is quite simple and it has serious problem with
function like f:x->1/x.
. I don't like the way you enter the function to be plot; actualy you
just enter 1/x not something like f: x->1/x . we should only show right
things to student.
. I have problem with the range, can't change it : use scale instead;
. it's possible to define constante
. there is other features to test and it seems possible to print to
postscript

I hope the author can improve the function plot engine a bit.

The package is easy to install/remove so one should should try it.