Re: Cross-over wire

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Bill Tihen wrote:

>Just for the record -- what is the official straight through wiring?  I
>know it doesn't matter, unless I guess I want to cut off the end and rewire
>it as a crossover.  But anyway, it is probably better to do things with the
>proper standards.

With the little metal connecting bits toward you, the clip pointing away,
the cable coming out of the connector pointing down, and reading from left
to right:

Orange-White
Orange
Blue-White
Blue
Green-White
Green
Brown-White
Brown

Wil

Einstein said that genius abhors consensus because when consensus is
reached, thinking stops. Stop nodding your head. - Silicon Valley Tarot