Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: Debian-kids goals (draft)]: cartoon characters

On Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 10:04:17PM +0000, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> Yup.  It is a process we have little control over.  Therefore I
> think our efforts are better spent looking about us to find imagery
> that is already both free and appealing to children.

I have been thinking about this for a while.  How about create a
depository of free images (either public domain,  or released by their
authors under some sort of public license) which could be used in kids
games?  There is a collection of images in linux letters and numbers,
and maybe in some other games.  Icons like those in lmemory could be
collected too.  That way every game developer could just find some
images there and use them,  and eventually modify them and add the
modifications back.

--
Jan Hlavacek                                            (219) 434-7566
Department of Chemistry                               Jhlavacek@sf.edu