Re: [seul-edu] PHP Wiki

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 07:34:03PM -0500, Roger Dingledine wrote:

> http://phpwiki.sourceforge.net/
>
> The advantage of this package is ease of set up and administration, both of
> which are essentially trivial and require no new software to be set up on cran
> at this time, so it could be up and running in minutes.

true.  I checked out their work.  It is well done.  Note that they use a
completely different set of shortcuts than the other wikis I have seen;
although no two wiki implementation ever seems to have the same shortcut set
(there is not wiki shortcut RFC :-), nonetheless, theirs appears the most
totally different.  But shortcuts are easy to remember ... I wonder now if
we should not propose a unified wiki shortcut standard ...  so that wiki
pages can be interchangeable.

one step forward, 2 new items for the todo list :-)

> We can put this on cran or belegost 'for real' without much trouble. Feel
> free to play with it, and let us know what you think (particularly those
> of you who know the difference between this and a 'real' wiki).

Note that my wiki variant implements latex math and online quizzes which I
would still like to have (co-residing with phpwiki or any other wiki system)
on seul so that we can all work on math lessons and quizzes for the K12
curriculum

Are we going to see a thousand wiki variants flourish? each implementing a
set of shortcuts favored by its authors/userbase?

Bruno