Re: [seul-edu] New kernel

Yah, that would be best but if you're upgrading kernel on a RH box.
There's a howto located at
http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/howto/kernel-upgrade/kernel-upgrade.html

which is redhat specific.

HTH
Yan

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Michael Viron wrote:

> Your best bet is going to be linuxdoc.org for linux HOWTO's and guides.
>
> Michael Viron
> Systems Administration Consultant, Web Spinners
> University of West Florida
>
> On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Dave Prentice wrote:
>
> > To anybody:
> >     I see that the new kernel is out and that it offers better support for dual processors. Since I'm putting together a dual-processor server, that sounds good. However, I don't have a clue how to install a new kernel. Can anybody point me toward a HOWTO or something?
> > Thanks,
> > Dave Prentice
> > prentice@instruction.com

Yan da Lil DaEmOn
---
Ryan F. Go
Linux - Unix Systems Administrator
Center for Network Management and Services
University of San Carlos
Tel: +6332 3466268   Fax: +6332 3466265
Mobile: +63917 7160153