Re: Fw: [seul-edu] Why use Linux?

I am trying to get a list for my students why they should learn Linux.
This is a list that I made, can you think of adding more reasons?

Emilio

WHY YOU SHOULD STUDY/LEARN ABOUT LINUX:
1) It is the fasterst growing operating system right now. There is a
shortage of Unix/Linux workers.
2) Leaning it and using it has a nice effect on your paycheck, making
double as regular windows users. Shortage of users and law of supply and
demand enables Linux/Unix users to get paid more than windows users.
3) Unix/Linux users have less competition for jobs, whereas everyone and
their grandma uses Windows.
4) WINDOWS is designed for the lowest common denominator to be stupid
proof. Yet it still crashes.
5) Unix/Linux was designed by programmers for smart computer users.
Linux was created for NETWORKING AND THE INTERNET in mind, not as an
afterthought.
6) Yes, Unix/Linux is as easy to use in the X Windows GUI as Windows.
7) Yes, Unix/Linux is more diffucult to use as in DOS/command line mode.
But is more powerful than DOS
8) Unix/Linux users have more self-esteem of their knowledge, level of
competency, job level.
9) Unix/Linux users are NOT likely to be laid off, there's a short
supply of them.
10) The quality of life for LINUX/UNIX users is much better than regular
Windows users.
(How many internet millionnaires have you seen been created in the past
2 years, guess what they use?)
11) The job satisfaction of UNIX/Linux USERS/workers is much higher,
less crashes and problems to deal with.
12) If you think UNIX/LINUX is too hard to learn, that's OK, that's less
competion for UNIX/LINUX jobs, which  means more pay for us. Believe me
I don't mind you NOT learning LINUX!!
13) In the next few years, there will be more work being done on web
based applications, and less on software you install on your pc. Guess
which WEB SERVER has 60% of the INTERNET MARKET?
(In case you don't know the answer: APACHE LINUX SERVER) This means more
work for UNIX/Linux staff not less work.
14) becuase it is free, OPEN SOURCE, and it is better, more stable than
WINDOWS. You can legally copy it and give it to your friends if you want
to. So if you are tired of paying the MICROSOFT UPGRADE TAX every year,
then get LINUX, it  is a no brainer.
15. If you SOON want to buy a house , car, and enjoy life, why work for
less when you can get top $$ with UNIX/LINUX.
16) BECAUSE YOU ARE SMARTER THAN THE OTHERS, THAT'S WHY!!!  AND YOU KNOW
IT!!!
17) Guess what operating system is used by LARGE CORPORATIONS in job
critical situtations. The answer is not windows. Ask Oracle and SUN what
operating systems they use? Not windows either.
18) Guess which operating system is going into all the portable/mobile
internet connecting appliances?
The answer is not windows.
19) To be virus free.

This will start to give you give you an idea of why you should learn to
use LINUX/UNIX.

Emilio