Re: [seul-edu] Re: LINUX onto old,small computers

"Ralph M. Deal" wrote:

> Great idea.  Now if I only had the time.   I have a rapidly approaching
> deadline and so really can't explore that route.   Does anyone know of
> such a lean, mean LINUX having been built on a small machine that
> is available for use elsewhere?  I'd certainly be interested for the
> next generation/district of ancients->students.
> I'll certainly look at linuxfromscratch anyway.

Take a look at TINY <http://tiny.seul.org>.  It was designed
specifically for use on old, slow machines without CD-ROM drives.  It
might be just what you're looking for.

--
Doug Loss          As long as I have you there is just
drloss@suscom.net  one other thing I'll always need--