[seul-edu] Re: [school-discuss] Terrible news

On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 10:35:42 -0500
Doug Loss <drloss@suscom.net> wrote:

> This has nothing to do with Linux or education, but I want to make
> sure everyone knows.  Approximately two hours ago the world lost
> another seven astronauts when the space shuttle Columbia broke up
> over Texas upon reentry.  There's much speculation at the moment as
> to the cause, but certainty that these seven brave souls will not
> see home again.

Sad new for the families.
I sill remember the first fly of the Columbia shuttle more than twenty
years ago. I was ten years old and so fascinated by this new stuff with
men going into space that it motived me for years to study science and
math.

Hilaire

--
OFSET - http://www.ofset.org