[seul-edu] Tux Math development rises from the grave :^)

It's been literally 17 months since I last worked on
"Tux, of Math Command."  (Right around the time of the September 11th
attacks.)

TuxMath is a 'Missile Command' style arcade game which prompts the user
with math problems that they must answer quickly.  The game design was by
Sam Hart of the Tux4Kids project; designer of Tux Typing.

The major feature which has been lacking all this time (much to the
frustration of parents and teachers who wanted to use it) has been a
way of setting game options.

Well, I've finally started creating it!  The current code is available
via SourceForge CVS.  A screenshot is here:

  http://www.sonic.net/~nbs/tuxmath_opts.png

More general information on "Tux, of Math Command" is online here:

  http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/tuxmath/

Tux4Kids' website is here:

  http://www.tux4kids.org/

Once I've had time to finish the features, do more tweaking, and
get response from any testers out there, I'll be releasing a source
tarball (which means RPM, Debian, Windows, Mac and BeOS packages are
not long to come).

Sorry to all of you who've been waiting for over a year and a half for
me to get back to work on this project.  (I hope you at least have
enjoyed Vectoroids and Tux Paint in the meantime. ;^) )

--
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                    Was I useful?  Rate this message!
http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill  http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=billkendrick

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss              All you need in this life is
drloss@suscom.net      ignorance and confidence,
                       and then success is sure.
                         Mark Twain