QZB Re: Project updates

Thanks for reminding about sending updates!

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Doug Loss wrote:

>Since the mailing list is fairly quiet at the moment, I'm going to ask
>each person who is listed as a project leader on our projects page
><http://www.seul.org/edu/projects.html> to write up a project update to
>let us all know where that project stands.  If you are listed as the
>leader of more than one project feel free to put the updates all
>together into one message.

QZB project update: ( proj page http://cvs.seul.org/~rnd/index.html )

QZB (QuizBrowser) project is still at the stage of the design.
There are reasons for this:

1. I am very busy this week (and was last week) and  can't  put
   down new design ideas into electronic media yet;

The salt of new design - QZB  will  have  XML  as  an  internal
format. Which ML it will be - new one or  already  known  or  a
combination - I don't know yet. (Ideas are welcome!)

2. I have have not found very much  interest  in  the  project,
   though it is hard to judge at this early stage. (And if you are
   reading this, then probably this sentence is not  true  ;-)  It
   seems, that I have not stated the goals clear: there are lots
   of quiz software outthere and it is hard to see why there is a need
   for OSS alternative one...

3. I am learning CVS

I do not think I need any resources except for my personal time
yet. After that, I will  need  assistance  in  making  examplar
courses for QZB.

And I also need to know XML things better. After discussions of
XML in the seul-edu I came to  conclusion  that  this  is  what
suits QZB. This have urged me to think about XML as an internal
format for QZB. However, I do  not  have  enough  knowledge  of
XML.

If somebody knows good online intro for  XML,  please,  let  me
know.

Now I must admit QZB project is in a kind of sleep, but I hope
to continue next week.

Thanks for careing!

Sincerely yours,
Roman A. Suzi