Re: QZB - XML

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Daryl Campbell wrote:

>I've been lurking in the weeds because of present workloads.

Same here. That is why the project is not moving faster.

>We would like to develop a quizzing system and replace the present 3

I hope, it will be GPLed..?

>or 4 alternatives that are lingering around right now.  We are trying

I think, that open quizzing system will eventually replace
proprietary ones, because it will be simpler to exchange
quiz-data and probably share results' analysis.

>to get some resources to work on this and I've been suggesting QZB
>might be a starting place.  So we may have some resources for Roman if
>this matches up with our analysis needs.

The less technical demand is required from the distant learner,
the broader is the  audience.  So,  client  side  must  run  on
everything. And server side better be put on Linux.

>What is available, once XML is in place, in terms of search engines
>for doing structured searches against documents using the XML tags to
>restrict search?

That is what I also want to know.

Sincerely yours,
Roman A. Suzi