Xclient/server terminology

I'd just like to clear up the terminology as best I can put it (Simply)
The Xserver is what runs on the workstation(thing you sit at playing
with gui applications)  The Xclients run on the workstation, or on
another computer(the other computer may be your main computer) They are
clients because they ask the Xserver (graphical thing you see) if they
can connect and display.  THe Xclients only do processing where they are
run. So they will use cpu/memory on the other machine that they're
installed on.  On the Xserver(workstation) they'll use enough cpu/memory
to control the graphics.

Ok well it wasn't that good but I tried.

Also

>Being a father at the local primary school in NSW, I've installed a
>Linux Proxy/DNS/Intranet etc server.
>
>They mainly have MAC's however a couple of PC's run Win95. I'd love to
>play with an X client on these......

The VNC client as mentioned earlier has a Java version that will run on
the mac, it seems very good i'm yet to explore it further.

My question to more cluefull members(people who know more than me) of
the list is

Am i better off using a linux/xserver thinned down running on the
workstation or am I better off running VNC

Secondly.
If I run VNC, can i stop it from saving sessions, otherwise kids would
fire up sessions left right and center and have them saved.  This would
also be a problem with a generic account

I hope i'm clear enough

Thanks

Matt
Network Administrator/Technician