X on Windows (was Re: Introduction)

On Wed, Jan 20, 1999 at 11:06:39AM +1100, Mark Harvey wrote:
> > running at 450/128mb) so i downloaded a freeware X server for win32 and
> > installed it on a couple of workstations.  Then I demonstrated the
> Where can U get info of the X clients for Micro$oft windows ???

Another tool you can use is VNC.
http://www.orl.co.uk/vnc/

It's a slightly different approach than the traditional X server
approach, as the server /does/ run on the serving machine, and the
client is a simple lightweight viewer.  But it achieves much the same end.

Other goodies:
 It's GPL
 There are viewers for X, Windows, Mac, and Java (maybe svgalib as well)
 There are servers for X, Windows, and Mac, so you can run apps on those
from any viewer...
 It's sharable, so you can have your students hook up viewers to the
  instructors machine and watch what he's doing...

It's fun stuff :)