Re: X-servers for Win & Mac Re: Introduction

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Matthew Wright wrote:

>Then comes the third option. This option at this time seems very good.
>Just add main (server) computers for particular applications until the
>speed of the system is acceptable. (all have same spec as above)
>ie 1 computer for running VNC daemon and handling that load. 2 for
>handling Corel Office (when its released) Another for handling Gimp
>Staroffice misc, one computer to handle Netscape (Netscape is hungry
>bloatware) And if something there was too memory intensive then another
>computer to alleviate that. etc etc.

That's probably your best option for VNC usage.  With 10-15 users that
should work decently well.  I think.  ;)

Good luck with this.  I'm sure we'll be interested to know how this turns
out.  Satisfactory or not, it will certainly provide a good case study for
similar network configurations in schools.

If you can, keep us posted.

Wil

"So, rather than appear foolish afterward, I renounce seeming clever now."
		- William of Baskerville, The Name of the Rose