Re: Adding [seul-edu] to subject line

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999 rnd@sampo.karelia.ru wrote:

> There is a good mechanism in pine which I use to
> sort mail:
>
> ;    - select command
> then I can select only mails by some criteria. This  is  how  I
> move everything from seul-edu into seul-edu folder.
>
> If you can't (or do not want to), you  can  setup  procmail  to
> sort your mail for you!
>
> (to switch select command on, check
>              [X]  enable-aggregate-command-set
> in setup)
>
> then you can use Z (zoom) to concentrate  only  on  mails  from
> seul-edu, for example... Or  use  A  (apply)  to  do  aggregate
> commands on a set of mails at once, and so on!

Thanks for the info :)  although actually I was thiking more along the
lines of being able to visually sort through my mail and at a glance find
certain messages.

Another neat trick is at least on the Cyrus IMAP server you can subscribe
to a list using a from name username+foldername@domain, then you can use
the Cyrus admin utility to create a folder with that foldername and set it
so anyone can post to it.

I'll probably be experimenting with this though :)

> pine is very versatile mailer, believe me,  it  hides  lots  of
> features from beginners...
>
> If we will have [seul-edu], will not it  be  much  clumsier  to
> reply and create such monsters:
>
> Re: [seul-edu] Re: [seul-edu] Re: [seul-edu] Some topic?
>
> I am not against this change if it really help somebody
> to keep track of his(her) mail!

What we'd have to do is have it not add [seul-edu] if the subject starts
with a Re: already.  I believe that Majordomo already does that... if I'm
not mistaken...

--
Michael Hamblin            http://www.utdallas.edu/~michaelh/
michaelh@utdallas.edu      http://www.ductape.net/